Birthday, Class projects, Free as a Bird

July class projects- Free as a bird

Hey everyone. Here are my projects that we made in this month’s classes. 1562923336978.jpg

I am completely besotted with these little birdies 😍

First we made a simple version. A base of Coastal Cabana which we stamped the leaves randomly around. Then we stamped the birds onto whisper white, cut using the biggest rectangle, from the stitched rectangle dies set. This is part of a bundle, so when you purchase both the bird stamp set and the stitched rectangle dies you save 10%! Fabulous! 😉👍 Head over to my online store here

Colour them using the blends, choosing whatever colour you’d like. Of course I went for seaside spray!

Then stamp a few of the little flower from the set, colour and cut out, then pop up on a dimensional. I then stamped my sentiment and cut out, and using the same blend as the flowers, I coloured over, and popped up with a dimensional.


A few rhinestones in the centre of the flowers finished this card off nicely.

The next thing we did was the candle. We stamped on tissue paper and coloured using blends. Cut out around your image so there’s no sharp corners.  Place onto your candle and then use greaseproof paper to wrap around and grab hold at the back. Don’t burn your fingers!! Use your heat tool to gently heat all over until it looks wet. Gently peel the greaseproof paper away, and voilà a gorgeous candle. Will you give it away or keep it though?!!


The last card was a stepped up version. We used the fabulous new brick and mortar 3D embossing folder.(I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!) It gives a wonderful texture, but I added extra by brayering on some grey granite ink to the folder before running through the big shot. This gives even more depth, …. and is like magic!

Glue this onto a layer of grey and then glue to your base card. As this was a stepped up version we added in 2 of the stitched rectangle die cuts, one slightly larger vellum behind a whisper white one. A hint of the new ribbon was attached with tear and tape, and then the two rectangle die cuts were glued on top. The birds were stamped and, again coloured using blends, but this time cut out and then popped up with dimensionals. 1562923695646

There was the option of adding some leaves and/or more flowers if they wanted, and these were a mixture of glued on or popped up on a dimensional. Then a choice of sentiment, or leaving blank.  A little bow from linen thread was added with a glue dot, and a few rhinestones completed the card. I must say I do love this card and I will definitely be making more!

Don’t forget, all the products I used to create these are available to purchase from my online store, just head over… I’d love to be your demonstrator!😊

Hope I’ve inspired you today, do let me know if you recreate anything you have seen!

Love Jane x

Shop here


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s